From humble beginnings as Pronto Market in 1958, to the first Trader Joe's opened in 1967 in Pasadena California, Trader Joe's has been working hard to prove our mantra, "Where Less is More". How do we do this? With careful curation of a high quality product line, where products need to earn the right to be brought home to your family.
- We buy direct from suppliers whenever possible, we bargain hard to get the best price, and then pass the savings on to you.
- If an item doesn’t pull its weight in our stores, it goes away to gangway for something else.
- We buy in volume and contract early to get the best prices.
- Most grocers charge their suppliers fees for putting an item on the shelf. This results in higher prices... so we don’t do it.
- We keep our costs low—because every penny we save is a penny you save.